- 1 liter warm water
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove smashed
- Make a brine by dissolving the salt in water.
- Place carrots into a clean canning jar, packing them in tight. Make sure to leave about 1 inch of headspace at the top.
- Fill the jar with brine, making sure to cover the carrots completely. Weigh the carrots down to make sure they don't float (you can use a "fermenting weight").
- Close the jar and let it sit at room temperature for 1-4 days. The longer it sits, the more the flavour will develop. Feel free to open and taste.
- Serve & enjoy!
Use this as a side dish, or even a snack.